Some of my favorite recipes come from iterating on things my mom and my aunt have made first. They are two of the best cooks and most of what I know I've learned from them. These dangerously delicious brownies are just another example of their genius. My aunt and I were chatting one day and she told me about her idea of putting peanut butter cups in brownies and I just had to try it myself. Okay, I'll get to the good part... the recipe!
PS. It's super easy and it's definitely a crowd pleaser!
P E A N U T B U T T E R C U P F U D G E B R O W N I E S
1. Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper (this makes it super easy to get the goods out fast)
2. Follow the steps for Pillsbury fudge brownie mix (it's my favorite and it's easy)
3. Pour the mixture onto the parchment paper in the pan
4. Break up 4-6 peanut butter cups and sprinkle evenly across the top of the batter (I like Justin's Organic Dark Peanut Butter Cups or mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups best)
5. Once the brownies are done, drizzle chocolate fudge (or chocolate syrup if you're in a bind) across the top of the brownies before you cut them
6. Once they are cooled a bit, lift the parchment paper and start slicing