Erin Ireland is one of my favorite food bloggers. I love her healthy take on life and the awesome recipes she serves up. I found a great recipe for a vegan twist on Mounds bars on her Instagram story last week. Mounds bars are one of my favorite candies (possibly my favorite) so I loved the idea of a healthier version. Erin found the recipe on VoilaVegan.com, so check out her site, too.
Okay, let's cut to the chase.
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 can coconut milk (only the thick part)
4 tbsp agave or maple syrup
2 cups vegan chocolate
2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a food processor blend the desiccated coconut for a few seconds, then add agave and coconut cream and blend until sticky.
- Shape bounty bars with your hands and place them on a plate in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Take out bounty bars and start melting chocolate with coconut oil.
- Once it is all melted, put each bar into the chocolate, turn it around with two forks and make sure it is evenly covered with chocolate.
- Put back on the plate and freeze for another 30 min.