Time for some New Year’s resolutions! Here are my top twelve for 2012!
1. Write a book. I’ve always dreamed of writing a book and I think this is the year for the Stylish One to grace a few pages!
2. Eat healthier. Yes, I know that everyone says this but I would actually like to stick to it! Of course there will be times where I know I’ll need a bite of chocolate or a slice of mozzarella, but I want to be the best, healthiest version of myself that I can be! Beauty is inside out so I have to give it my best shot! Wish me luck!
3. Create more. I love singing, painting and doing just about anything creative.
4. Take a trip with my boyfriend and our friends. I would love to stay in a cozy log cabin or rent an open, airy beach house!
5. Take more photographs, especially candids. I’m a sucker for the hand-on-the-hip/ Kardashian “chin out and down” pose, but I think sometimes you miss the moments that way.
6. Further develop my website and Tumblr. I believe in constant face-lifts… the social media kind anyway!
7. Worry less. I’m the biggest worrier and I feel stressed often. This year, I’m going to try to surround myself with only positive energy!
8. Nurture The Stylish One brand. I want The Stylish One to be inspirational, useful, and a way of life. I want to share my tips and tricks that I’ve learned from the fashion world with all my fellow fashionistas!
9. Learn more Spanish. I know enough to have a basic conversation, but it is so important to my boyfriend and I that I can really communicate. That way we can visit his family members who live in Colombia and I will be able to really get to know them.
10. Finish decorating our apartment. It may take all year, but I know we can do it!
11. Wear more color! Since working at Vera Wang, my entire closet is black. Although black is classic and fabulous, I think I need more color in my life.
12. Save money. When you have expensive taste, a love for Vera Wang flats, vintage chandeliers, and all things Kate Spade… it can be a bit difficult. This is probably why Audrey ate breakfast at Tiffany’s, but didn’t leave with thirty shopping bags.
What are your resolutions this year? Best wishes for a happy, stylish New Year!